2.16.2011

Rug-Tastic!

Who knew a crochet hook + some old T-shirts would = a rug-tastic birthday present! Well, it did for Heather, lucky girl! So here's the story:

A good friend of mine, Brianna (aka Bri <3), came down to visit for a few days and made this incredibly awesome rug. Needless to say it has earned its way to become my first muse post! And what was more surprisingly awesome is what she used to make this fabulous rug.

Old T-shirts!!!

I discovered this inspiring idea as I walked in on her while she was cutting up a shirt and crocheting the rug on the floor in my roommate Lisa's room. It was almost complete at the time and the only picture I had time to take was this rushed finished shot, but I still think it's great. :-)

It was incredible, and I instantly wanted to start cutting up some old T-shirts and make a huge floor length rug covering the bare spot of carpet in my current bedroom. Someday, a girl can dream right?

Maybe it's just me but I found this very fascinating and am glad to have learned that I can make a rug for so cheap! It would only cost you the price of the crochet hook which can run you under $5 dollars for a set of 3 at Jo Ann Fabrics. Plus, you could easily make this a gift (which she ended up doing) for a friend or family member and to make it even more sentimental you could use shirts or pieces of material that meant something to that special someone (Bri's idea), or use solid colors and make it squared. The possibilities are endless.

 So needless to say I am adding this crafty idea to my Rolodex of Creative To Do Projects in the future.

Thanks Bri, love ya girl. <3

P.S. If you want to check out the site that inspired the lovely Brianna to make this rug here it is: http://craftgawker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment